Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I register for an event?
- Look at our event schedule and follow the link to register on Extreme Speed’s website.
How much does it cost to participate?
- Each track day event varies on cost. There is no extra cost to participate in the competition series.
What tracks are we going to be competing at?
- Tracks such as Willow Springs Raceway, Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Chuckwalla, and Auto Club Speedway. All track events can be view here.
Will there be awards/prizes for the event winners?
- Yes, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded each event
Do participants receive any discounts?
- TRD Cup participants are eligible for discounts TBA
What cars are eligible to compete?
- Vehicles manufactured or sold through the Toyota Motor Company or one of its subsidiaries (e.g. Scion, Lexus, Daihatsu, Subaru BRZ, Pontiac Vibe, Geo Prizm, etc.)
Are motor swaps permitted?
- Engine swaps must be manufactured or sold through the Toyota Motor Company or one of its subsidiaries
What are the safety requirements?
Who can I contact for more info?
How many events count towards the championship?
- Seven events count towards the championship
What happens in the event of a tie?
- In the event of a tie the fastest lap time recorded at that event will determine the winner
What class does my car compete in?
- This is determined by the reading the rules and adding total points
Where can I find event results?
- Event results will be shared via facebook and email
How are points calculated?
- Points are calculated in order of best times posted that day
What happens if I’m handed a penalty?
- Please report to race director
Can I protest another competitor?
- Yes, protests must be typed and emailed to TRDCup@gmail.com
How many drivers can compete using the same car?
- Two drivers can compete using the same car but failure to change transponders can result in disqualification
I have questions regarding my tech inspection.
- Please email TRDcup@gmail.com or see Race Director at the event